Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Strawberry-Lemon Coconut Smoothie

It's strawberry season in San Diego! I know that sounds weird, but this is when we start getting strawberries from our local farms. That is one of the reasons I think it's going to be hard to move away when we graduate... however the main reason is Disneyland, I have no idea how I'll survive being more than a couple hours drive from Disneyland.... :'(

Where I think I live

Where my friends think I live

 Where my husband thinks I live


Ok a moment to recover

...and now back to the recipe. :) 

When Nathan first got hurt I went to the grocery store and tried to figure out what might be good for him to drink. One of the things I found was coconut water, which purports to be a naturally balanced way to hydrate (like nature's gatorade?). Anyway, it intrigued me so I brought a box home. We were pretty excited to try it, but unfortunately it turned out that neither of us liked the taste and it's been sitting in our fridge ever since. I super HATE throwing things out, so here is my attempt to salvage it in a tasty smoothie.


Ingredients:

1/2 cup - coconut water (you could probably use milk or regular water too)
6 oz. - lemon yogurt
10 - strawberries
1/4 cup - coconut milk (we use Mea Ploy brand cause it's the bestest)


Directions:

Throw all the ingredients into your blender. I didn't include any honey or sugar in this recipe but you could add some now if like things a bit sweeter.


Here's the coconut water! Just dump it in!


Pour into a fancy glass


Drink and notice how nice coconut water tastes when you mask it with lots of other better tasting stuff. :)

Get well soon!
Elizabeth and Nathan

2 comments:

  1. Correction it is the very beginning of strawberry season! And personally the coconut water I don't understand. It seems to be another way to sucker people into buying REALLY expensive water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't think I'll buy it again, it didn't even taste good. If it tasted good I might understand, because then it would be more like buying tasty juice, but it seems to be just expensive bad tasting water. :(

    ReplyDelete